Today is Earth Day, a day set aside to remind us that, despite our efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle, there is always more we can do to help preserve and save our planet.
I don't wanna be preachy, but, seriously, this story and this story should make us take note of what is happening to all of our surroundings, many times without our knowledge or permission.
And these are just two recent stories...there are thousands more.
Take the initiative and do something to help your world and your environment.
Our playlist this week takes us through forests, over hills, alongside rivers and seaside.
There are even a couple of tunes that deal with the weather.
Do something meaningful this Earth Day!
1. Bird Song from "Early Cape Morning"
2. Mountain by the Sea - Unknown Pima Indian Group
3. Let Old Mother Nature Have Her Way - Carl Smith
4. Red River Blues - Henry Thomas
5. Down by the Riverside - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
6. Didn't it Rain - Evelyn Freeman
7. Jet Stream - The Breakers
8. Sea Shore Sounds from "Ultimate Seashore"
9. The Raging Sea - Gene Maltais
10. Willow Tree Blues - Walter "Sandman" Griffin
11. Tree Top - Lee Chandler & the Blue Rhythms
12. Downhill - The Mysterions
13. Lovers Hill - Trice Gardner
14. The Meandering River from "Tennessee Nightwalk"
15. River of Love - Jerry Dion
16. Black River Bay - Earl Smith & the Night Cappers
17. Muddy River - Bink Burns
18. Enchanted Forest - Mohawk & the Rednecks
19. Walking Downhill - Otis Hinton
20. Enchanted Forest - The Forbidden 5
21. The Cosmic Sea - The Mystic Moods
22. Fox River - The Waco Brothers
23. Earthmover - Southern Culture on the Skids
24. Humans from Earth - T-Bone Burnett
25. Blood on the Earth - Friends of Dean Martinez
26. Mother Earth (Natural Anthem) - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
27. American Toad from "Tennessee Nightwalk"