If you like what you hear or see in the posting, click "Dig this!!!" at the bottom of the post, or, if you want to be more specific about something (let's say an error that needs corrected in my research), leave a comment or email me at shaftindustries@yahoo.com. Thanks.

01 February 2011

Movie Night - American Grindhouse

In what will be the first of at least a couple/few movies I'll be watching today (thanks to the weather event I am calling "The Big Dump"), I present to you a documentary on movies to begin my cinematic day.

The claim is made that about 5 seconds after the invention of motion picture film, the first idea for an exploitation movie was thought up.

This is very believable when you watch this movie, a brief but thorough filmography with clips of movies from the late 19th century to 21st century (bound to be) classics such as Black Dynamite.

Running the gamut from sex, violence, drugs and other "taboos", American Grindhouse gives a good rundown of, not so much a genre of film, but a cinematic movement.

A movie that, as many of the taglines from the clips claim, is for ADULTS ONLY!!!

Check it out! (WP)(AMG)(IMDB)

No comments:

Post a Comment